Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tahoe Sierra Century

It's hard to believe, but we started planning for this ride almost 4 months ago. In the end, 8 of us cycled in the ride and we all made it through successfully.

I signed up for the 100 miles route, but ended up turning around at the 50 mile point and ending up with a 64 mile ride. With my Europe trip starting in just 4 days, my intention had been to get in a good ride, but not push myself too hard. Mission accomplished!

The route was very well chosen. We started out heading south from Squaw to the Lake and then along the north shore of Lake Tahoe to Kings Beach. At that point, we turned back north on 267 and biked over Brockway Summit (past Northstar) and down into Truckee. Heading through Truckee, we continued north on 89 before turning into Tahoe Donner and climbing to the very top of the Tahoe Donner Ski Resort (a brutal climb). We then dropped down to Donner Lake and biked along the edge to the far end. This is where I turned around and went back to Squaw (the 100 miles route went up to Donner Summit and down the back side to Cisco Grove before heading back).

GPS Map of My 64-mile Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment