Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Plan for Day 9: Kehl to Karlsruhe: 56.3 miles

Day 9: Kehl to Karlsruhe

This day is quite a bit different than my original plan. There just aren't any towns right on the Rhine in this section. Originally that had pushed me towards going all the way to Speyer, about 80 miles. That now seems a bit long, so I've decided to stay away from the Rhine for one night and bike into downtown Karlsruhe.

The shorter distance will now give me time to check out the early modern castle in Rastatt for lunch and then explore the castle in Karlsruhe in the evening.

Even thought the routefinding for this section is actually quite difficult, I've dropped the detailed instructions. I have 2 or 3 books and maps for this section, so I don't really need the text backup.

------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment